Cervical Cancer Treatment
By Lisa Fayed
Treating HPV to Prevent Cervical Cancer
Human papillomavirus (HPV) is the primary cause of cervical cancer. Explore how HPV is treated to prevent the development of cervical cancer.
- HPV and Cervical Cancer - What Every Woman Needs to Know
- Is There a Cure for HPV?
- Cervical Dysplasia Treatment
Chemotherapy is a common treatment method for cervical cancer. Discover what chemotherapy drugs are used, common side effects, and how to manage treatment side effects.
- Meet Your Cervical Cancer Treatment Team
- Treating Cervical Cancer with Chemotherapy
- Video: Chemotherapy's Effectiveness and Side Effects
- Is Chemotherapy Painful?
- 6 Ways to Prepare for Chemotherapy Related Hair Loss
Radiation therapy is another common cervical cancer treatment method. Radiation therapy uses certain types of energy to kill cancer cells and shrink tumors. To treat cervical cancer, radiation therapy can be given internally or externally.