1. Health

Do Condoms Protect Against HPV?

By October 14, 2009

I have always practiced safe sex by using a condom, but my doctor says that I have HPV. How is this possible? Don't condoms prevent HPV?
-An About.com Cervical Cancer reader

It's common knowledge that condoms provide excellent protection against unwanted pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases, but how do they fare against the human papillomavirus (HPV)? Most people are unsure about whether condoms provide protection and it's a growing concern as people become more aware about HPV.

Read: Condoms and HPV to find out how much protection condoms provide against the cancer causing virus.

Photo (c) Bill Davenport

Comments
September 23, 2007 at 8:01 am
(1) me says:

Treat Cancer with Flavonoids.

August 26, 2009 at 5:16 am
(2) steve austin says:

Condoms provide initial prevention from HPV not totally prevention.
So you have to take care about it.

August 31, 2009 at 1:52 am
(3) mark rob says:

Very informative topic.
Some people,really unsure about that ,whether condoms provide protection against HPV or not.
Condoms provide initial protection against HPV.

December 2, 2009 at 1:51 am
(4) Sex Toys, Adam & Eve says:

It’s such a hot topic these days, but by no means an argument against using condoms!

December 30, 2009 at 8:16 pm
(5) swastechaicle says:

Excellent post I actually didn’t know that! Its good to see you updating this even during these tough economic times.
Sarah,
Watch Daybreakers Online site admin, fellow blogger.

December 30, 2009 at 9:29 pm
(6) Breemievamb says:

Hi

I just wanted to say hello and see if you guys can help me out a bit because i really like this place and the
people in here always seems to be very handy . I need some advice regarding my laptop because its a
bit old and i need to change it, its a windows laptop and i want to get a MacBook Pro, should i make this step
and change from windows to Apple ? By the way i just found a page where you can win a
Free Apple Macbook and i think is worth to try its free. Thanks for your help !

Win a Free Apple Macbook

January 10, 2010 at 9:29 am
(7) intesstrift says:

Informative read, I did not know this!
JenniferSmith,